Sunday, July 27, 2008

Christine

The last few days of my hospital stay I had a roommate, named Christine.  She was about 45,   divorced and had six kids.  She had just had a giant HIGHLY cancerous tumor removed from her brain.  Because of the pain medication she was on,  she was kind of out of it and she couldn't help but show the true beauty of her soul.  She was positive but realistic about her grim prognosis.  She was truly focused on other people. Her children, her mom, the neighbor who needed a thank you card.  All of this in a time when most people would be cranky because of terrible pain, or depressed, or angry or a million other not so lovely emotions.  She was amazing, and she didn't even know it.  I don't know what happened to Christine after I left.  She may have already passed away, but I am so thankful for the example she was to me when she had no idea she was.  I hope that when my time comes, I could have learned enough and come far enough that my soul shines through as beautiful as Christine's did.

1 comment:

Jones' said...

Nicole no reason to believe you have to wait, I think everyone around you has always been able to see the amazing person you are.