Sunday, August 3, 2008

Light


 I had an epiphany today.  I have had random strangers comment on how positive I was with my recent situations.  I usually reply back with, " anyone would be doing this well."  I really beleived it, until today.  I had an interesting experience that made me change my thought process.   ..... I have had such a great life.  Especially now.  It is easy to see past the darkness of our trails and see the beauty in our lives.  Unless you misplace your light.   I think we each have our light, but we have to live life so it wants to be there.  There was some time in this week that I lost my light.  I got dragged into something I have spent my life trying to avoid, let some contention in...  and my light vanished.  The difference was as obvious to me as turning out a light switch.   Then it hit me.  The only reason I even make it from day to day, let alone smile, or be positive was because of the light.  It gives me power to go on and be positive and I 'd had it for so long I had taken it's prescence completley for granted.  I learned my light runs easily, and that I need it.   I HAVE TO live so that that light can stay with me,  or I won't make it.  It was so amazing the difference it made in my life, to see the light go out for a while.   Now... I have a challenge for you.  If you have chased your light away, go find it, and  invite it back.  Then see what you can do with the power your light gives you. 

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey this is Stephanie! Your blog is so great! You're really good at expressing things and you help me to feel better about life! You're an inspiration to me! Hope your doing well!

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right. I will find the light, and make it stay. :) Thanks Nicole!

CodyMichele said...

Nicole,I just wanted to thank you for that insight on light in your life. It is true. It's always good to be reminded of what is important in our lives and what isn't. The "light" is so important and it keeps me going everyday too. Life is difficult, but the "light" is always there. I hope you are doing well, I know it has been a long time since we have even talked, but I do think about you and your little family. Once upon a time we were really good friends, I don't know what happened, but I still consider you a really good friend, a dear friend, and one of my longest had friends! Love ya!

CodyMichele said...

Last comment was Michele "Phillips" Halley, by the way.

Michelle said...

Wow-Pretty Profound Sis. You never fail to amaze me!
Michelle