Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When I grew up...

When I grew up, I was gonna be a princess, a cowgirl, a secretary, a pediatritian, a model, a psychologist or a teacher.... Depending on what point of life I was in. Today as I made food for my family, dressed kids, cleaned, folded laundry, read stories, sang the alphabet thirty times and hugged my husband; just like I do everyday... I realized that no matter what I wanted to be, or when I wanted to be that particular thing, I am the very best thing I could be. I am the luckiest girl alive. I get to be the wife of the best guy ever, I get to be a daughter and a daughter in law to amazing parents who never stop teaching me. I get to be a sister to my siblings who are my best friends too. The job that leaves me the most in awe though is my job as a mommy. Jared and I have the best kids ever, and I am so lucky that I get to be with them and teach them everyday and to have their sweet spirits teach me everyday... Being all of the things I am , is way better than any of those things I was gonna be.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nicole,
Your amazing!

Marcus and Janene said...

You are so lucky to have your precious kids BUT it is your kids who are really lucky to have you - and your hubby too. LOL

Anonymous said...

Let's have a party!

The Jatens said...

Great Post!