Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A million years ago...

Sometimes this life is crazy. I look at the people around me, and I think about some of the crazy things that people throughout history have been through and it makes me think.
I think there was some kind of meeting a million years ago. Not a big council with debates or different opinions. A meeting with a loving a Father. I think we each sat down with him, and went over what our life was to hold. I think we knew about and agreed to every trial and tribulation that we would face. WHY??? We knew we could do it. We knew what we are capable of, and who we really are. Now we are here on this earth, and we have forgotten who we are, and what our Father showed us and told us. I know that I feel sometimes that I can barley make it, as I am sure everyone does. At times like these I have to remind myself who I REALLY am. I'm not just a person trying to eek through my life. I am a daughter of God, whether or not I remember, and if that's who I truly am... I can do this! I can do anything. We all can! We just have to remember who we are, and what we are capable of, and who is waiting for us to do a great job and come home.


We learned that all of us would have trials in our lives: sickness, disappointment, pain, sorr
ow, and death. But we understood that these would be given to us for our experience and our good (see D&C 122:7) If we allowed them to, these trials would purify us rather than defeat us. .. They would teach us to have endurance, patience, and charity. (Spencer W Kimball , Faith Proceeds the Miracle)

1 comment:

In Logan said...

Well said, it is good to be reminded of this often. Thanks
Jen Casey