Thursday, November 20, 2008

siblings



Nicole, pouring water on Troy's head as he sleeps...
Growing up, we have to put up with our siblings.  We have to endure whatever form of torture they feel like submitting us to.  I was teased relentlessley, left out, manipulated... Just like every other kid.  I sometimes thought that I must have been adopted, and that the real family that loved me, would show up any day to get me and we would live happily ever after.   I am sure every single one of my siblings felt the same way at one time.   We had fun together too.  I loook back on some of the chores that were done together as the best times of my life.   Now that all of us are grown up, and I get to see who my siblings really are, I am amazed at the amazing people I grew up with.  I know Jared feels the same way.  Some of our brothers and sisters are fighting off huge dragons everyday.  We watch them go through what is happening to them, and what has happened to them with awe.  Each of them have great courage, and strength, and it is amazing to see people that we already thought were great become even better through their hard times.  I am so glad for each one of mine and Jared's sibblings, and want them to know that we do notice your courage and admire your ability to smile against the odds.  Thank you for being our family!  

1 comment:

WendyL said...

You do have a great family...I'll have to leave the younger years to my imagination!
p.s. I still love that picture!